Saturday 18 November 2017

Origins mid-point review



Origins mid-point review

I have just started my print rotation and have covered knit and weave.  My confidence has grown through doing more independent work and moving away from home. For example I have gone into uni to use a machine when there’s no other students from my course, so it felt a bit strange at first.
I didn’t expect to enjoy weave as much as print but I did because I like the way I got to create the whole material through weave and not just printing on a plain fabric. I also thought we would be doing mainly hand knitting but was very glad to find there was a machine.  I have used Photoshop before, but I am sure I will get to use it more in the future as there is so much to learn through it.  At the moment I find it complicated with all the steps I have to follow on the computer.
I am motivated to work independently and to develop my work.  I enjoy learning new things in the workshops.

I have attended all the meetings that have been hosted by my personal tutor to keep up to date with all the things that we have to do and to understand what is being taught.  I didn’t attend one class, on the last day of weave, because I was ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...