Tuesday 31 March 2020

Unit X Blog 2


Unit X - Year 3 - Identity Through Nature


Colour palette 

Tiles above and repeat pattern demonstration 

My drawings have been edited on Photoshop to investigate which of them were suitable for tiles/block to be repeated to make patterns.  Playing around mixing and combining all the drawings, and colours is never ending, which I find fascinating.  I am so glad I took help from Tabina, one of the other students, at a time I still could, because I would’ve been really stuck during quarantine.  I could’ve learnt it online like I’ve done in the past, but it was helpful to get support from someone who I understood.  Using repeat prints, I have done some visualising on bedding and interiors, which is my aim for my final outcome.   Before the uni closed, I had 13 samples printed on furnishing weight cotton.  This was before we knew that the final submission would be digital, but it is good to be able to see what they would look and feel like in reality.  I have only chosen some of my prints to show on the blog. 






Interior visualisation












For my visualisation I found the images on these websites 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...