Thursday 8 February 2018

Sampling

Sampling: Mid-point review


Within this unit, my confidence has grown through learning new techniques, shown by my tutors and then going on to develop it further through independent study using the uni facilities and outside.  In the sampling unit I have learnt more printing, dyeing, embroidery using the Cornelia machine and different techniques using the Bernina, such as pin-tucking, hair pinning and tailor-tacking.
 
I didn’t expect to be printing and dyeing, because I thought this unit would be purely embroidery, sitting by a machine, but I like it very much that there are different parts to embroidery.  I was very scared of dyeing in the beginning but am more confident with it now, but I still need to improve in getting the colour I want.

I am motivated to work independently, and I understand what is happening with the unit now.  There was one week when I was very confused and not sure what to do, so I ended up not doing much, to my disappointment.  However, now that I have learnt so many techniques, I don’t have that confusion, because I can use them.

By attending the bi-weekly meetings, I haven’t missed any of the important teaching of techniques. I have attended all the meetings and classes hosted by my personal tutor.


For further development, I need to work on combining the techniques I have learnt to broaden myself.  I tend to work in very simple ways, which is good in some ways, but I need to get beyond the restrictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...