Thursday 10 January 2019

Locating blog 2


Locating blog 2

We were given the engineering embroidery for our first project. For this we have to design for Rolls Royce “hand /machine crafted bespoke embroidered interior applications for the best cars in the world”.  I’ve decided to design the inside roof of the car because in all the cars I’ve been in it has been plain and I think it would be exciting to have it designed.

The tutorial was very helpful this week because I learnt I need to focus on my own style when drawing for sampling.  I was looking at artists such as Victoria Haven and Paul Klee for their simple line drawings and was concentrating more on their work than my own instead of using them as my inspiration. I need to keep reminding myself that I need to develop and use my own drawings.

Paul Klee

Victoria Haven  

This week I have started my sampling procedure. I’ve done some hand printing with pigment dyes on fabric. I’m thinking of taking these samples further by cutting them and using pieces in other work.  Jackson Pollack is part of my recent research and I am very enthusiastic about his work.  

Jackson Pollack

The starting point of my sampling.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...