Monday 21 January 2019

Locating blog post 3


Locating blog post 3


This week is the last week for the Rolls Royce project, so since last week I’ve produced more samples using Disperse dye and machine embroidery. I’ve tried to produce the samples by looking at sketchbook because it helps to pick out elements from drawings.  Within my samples I’ve considered the sense of touch and have produced several with tactile surfaces. 





I must say that this project has slowed me down slightly because I didn’t like the use of my colours and I struggled with it because I didn’t think it fitted the luxury and bespoke theme, however I’ve continued to use it because I’d already produced some samples and it was quite late to change it.








I attended the magnetic workshop called Ferromagnetic taught by Elnaz Yazdani which was fascinating because of the way the fluid creates 3D patterns and drawing on the magnetic base.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...