Friday 25 January 2019

The Association of Fashion and Textile Courses Award


Locating blog post 4

New project - The Association of Fashion and Textile Courses Award


I’ve chosen another live project from the list on Moodle, it’s part of the Bradford Textile Prize.  For this I must produce a “textile or material sample which focuses on responsible design through either recycling, sustainable fibres, reconstruction, zero-waste techniques or design for the circular economy. Potential use for Fashion, Interiors, Accessories or Product should be communicated through illustration/visualisation.”

I have chosen this project because I’m enthusiastic about recycling materials and sustainability. So far, I have been to charity shop to choose materials for my sampling as well as going to the Creative Recycling Gallery in Chorlton for more inspiration. 

Manchester Museum 





This week I have been to the Manchester Museum and have collected inspiration through the fossils and drawn them as research for my further sampling.  I’ve decided to use pictures I’ve taken from the museum as my colour choice, not just from one picture but from several. I have also played around with cement because I thought I could create some fossil like textures and I also like the natural lines it’s made because of cling film at the back. 

My drawings 




Cement Experiment  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...