Thursday 31 January 2019

Blog post 5


Blog 5


This week I’ve been mainly concentrating on my secondary research and sampling for The Association of Fashion and Textile Courses Award.  I was really struggling with my secondary research because I didn’t know what to look into, but after the tutorial on Tuesday Kate encouraged me to look at my past works to take inspiration from.  I’m very glad about this because I can learn in-depth about those particular designs and techniques instead of wasting time and over thinking.   

My Samples 







I’m mainly interested in fabric manipulating so will be researching things such as smocking, pleating, gathering and tucks.  I’ve looked at Miu Miu for smocking design designs.



From the feedback for my Rolls Royce project I was advised to add more into some of my samples, so I’ve done more tailor tacking on some of my dyed fabrics which look really interesting.




I attended the CV work shop taught by Clare Calveley this Wednesday, which was very helpful because we learnt to use InDesign software.  From the feedback for my CV, I need to rearrange the text and make it uniform, but keeping the background image subtle, so that the text is readable. 

I also went to a craft fair in Event City called The Creative Craft  Show, which was really interesting because I got to talk to creative textile people.  I talked to CarolAnn J Allan who dyed using natural materials such as leaves and onion skins, which I had tried when I was doing my Foundation, but it didn't work too well because apparently I had missed out a component.  I would really like to research more on this topic for my other projects 

From the Unit X lecture, I have decided on my three options, 18 The Whitworth Threads, 14 Haptic and finally 5 Intangible Culture


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...