Wednesday 24 October 2018

Armoury Museum

Armoury Museum (5th blog post)



This week I have completed my African Artifact work, which followed on from the Summer project, so that I can make a fresh start with the Armoury Museum project, which I am really starting to enjoy.

I have done drawings inspired by the Armoury Museum, and most of them are monochrome, using black and white, so I have chosen that for my colour theme.

Also, I got so exited that I have started sampling.  I could really see the armour in knit, especially the chainmail, so I have started by developing knitted samples using different materials such as thick cord, normal yarn and fabric ripped into strips and sewn into a continuous line, to prepare it for knitting.  The normal yarn I have used is in shades of grey and the technique is from a Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5yokI-YqqU),  the loose stitch links the different sections, and the sample is inspired by Japanese armour.  I also really like the knit with white cord for its weight and the way it moves when you hold it.  

In the next week, I need to develop more drawings and move on to use embroidery for some more samples, but I am very pleased to be doing Embroidery and Mixed Media, so that I can expand into other techniques, such as knit.   Another aim is to start my creative CV and covering letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...