Thursday 1 November 2018

Blog post 6 (Armoury)


Blog post 6 (Armoury)



Got some positive feedback from this week’s tutorial which I’m glad about but I still need to do a lot more sampling in my opinion and do some inspiration research  


Last Thursday I learnt a technique in Karina’s workshop where we learnt to pin tuck but without the pin tucking foot or the twin needle. We folded the fabric and stitched the lines for it to have a satisfying tactile texture. This method takes up a lot of fabric, so my first sample as come out quite small, so I’d like to retry it on a bigger scale.  I’ve also done another sample of slashing but with wave stitch.  Learning these methods has given me inspiration for my future projects, especially as I have become very enthusiastic about fabric manipulation.



I attended the Ethos embroidery software induction yesterday (Wednesday) and am not too sure if I’ll use it in the future because I like to feel and control the machine with my hands while I work.

I have research the artists Issey Miyake and Iris Van Herpen for pleat inspiration which are absolutely fascinating, and I would love to know how to pleat like that without stitching.  For a start the company International Pleating in New York has an interesting guide to pleating styles and methods (www.international pleating.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Intl_Pleating.101.pdf).

 Iris Van Herpen

Issey Miyake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...