Thursday 11 October 2018

Intentions - Blog post 3



Intentions - Blog post 3


I went to the Royal Armouries Museum on Monday with the Uni group.  It was fascinating because I’d never been before and there were just so many things to see.  I particularly loved the Japanese Samurai armour, which I learnt was made of iron, silk, leather and bronze, from a presentation given by museum staff and from https://someinterestingfacts.net/how-was-samurai-armor-made/

This week I didn’t have a tutorial, but I’ve been experimenting and working on my samples.  From the Tuesday morning lecture given by David Nelson, we were advised on how to create a creative CV.  I have a CV that I’ve used for part time jobs in the past, but now I need to recreate another CV to include all of my artistic experience.

Last week I made some clay buttons cut out in different shapes, getting the inspiration from one of my African artifact drawings.  Since then I don’t know what to use them for, but I hope to get more inspiration to use them.


The tie dye sample hasn’t come out the way I expected.  I first dyed the fabric yellow using acid dye and then used elastic bands to make little scrunched balls to be dipped into indigo.   When it dried I was expecting for the creases to still show yellow connecting from one circle to another.  However, I’m quite happy with the outcome.  I like the colour as well because it fits in with my autumn colour theme.  I like it that they haven’t come out uniform either in colour or shape.  


I worked on Sublimation printing where I painted on to paper using sublimation ink and used the heat press for 2 minutes to transfer the design on to the synthetic fabric.  With this technique I’m always unsure of the way the samples turn out because the colours on paper are what I want, but on fabric it seems to always come out lighter, to my disappointment.  It does fit into my colour theme but just not the colours I wanted.  I need to improve on this through doing small test samples where I can experiment with mixing colours to get the outcome I intend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020

Final Evaluation Unit X 2020 During Unit X I have developed some ideas which were started towards the end of the practice unit.   In...